We have an opening to come and join the team for the 2023-2024 term details are below.
To apply send a CV to email@example.com, closing date for applications is 14/08/2023, late applications may be considered.
Job Description – Playschool SEN Support Assistant
The Playschool SEN Support Assistant under the guidance of Playschool senior staff and owner will be responsible for preparing and supporting a child with additional needs during play sessions and helping them progress in their learning throughout their pre-school year. As part of the staff team the SEN Support Assistant will help ensure safe, stimulating play that will provide for the needs of the whole child. Work may be carried out in the setting or outside the main teaching area.
· Experience of working with children with autism
· Knowledge of the production and delivery of an IEP
· To provide physical and communication support using modes of communication appropriate to the individual needs of the child
· To provide communication support to enable access to the curriculum as appropriate and any extra curricula activities e.g. parent play and stay events, reviews and visits
· To work with the SEN pupil and other children in class under the direction of the Leader/Owner
· To help plan and organise learning activities to support the pupil
· To provide support in a manner which facilitates the child’s cognitive development by removing barriers to learning
· To ensure the physical welfare of the pupil and assist others where needed with their physical needs as appropriate and agreed, e.g. assisting with lifting moving and handling, intimate care
· To clarify, modify and adapt materials to an appropriate level according to need
· Under the guidance of the Leader/Owner, contribute to setting individual targets and to the review of those targets. Attend and contribute to meetings to review the pupil’s progress, and contribute to written reports where appropriate
· To monitor the progress of identified students, keep written records and provide feedback on the pupil’s progress in relation to provision
· To provide support for all our pupils’ emotional and social development by encouraging and modelling positive behaviour in line with Playschool policies
· To liaise with professionals and external agencies where necessary under the direction of the Leader/Owner
· To assist in the production of appropriate teaching materials
· To contribute to the target setting and review process to support the pupil in meeting specific targets of their IEP.
· To maintain and monitor the use of specialist equipment and promote optimum use of specialist equipment
· To liaise with staff, parents and relevant professionals
· To undertake relevant training as part of continuing professional development
· Attend all staff meetings and supervision sessions
· To maintain appropriate records of work and progress
· To promote the pupil’s inclusion within the Playschool
· To promote the pupil’s independence skills in communication, learning and social skills
Key Organisational Objectives
· Following Health and Safety requirements and initiatives as directed
· Ensuring compliance with Data Protection legislation and confidentiality
· Evergreen Wood Playschool is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment.
· At all times operating within the Playschool’s equalities policies.
· Commitment and contribution to improving standards for pupils as appropriate
· Adopting Customer Care and Quality initiatives
· Contributing to the maintenance of a caring and stimulating environment for young people
· At all times the postholder must adhere to professional business standards of dress, courtesy, confidentiality, and efficiency in line with the ethos and mission of the Playschool.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 16 per week
Salary: £10.42 per hour
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 14/08/2023